The PE and Sports Funding which was announced in March 2013 and began the following September, goes directly to primary school head teachers so that they can decide how best to use it to provide sporting activities for pupils. At Little Stoke Primary School we have spent the funding in a variety of ways to involve more of your children in sporting activities and competitions.
- up-skill teachers to improve the quality of sport lessons
- invest in quality coaching
- provide more opportunities for pupils to take part in inter-school competitions
- offer more after-school clubs
- purchase better equipment
- introduce new and unusual sports like fencing, climbing, ultimate frisbee and Danish long-ball to encourage more children to enjoy sport
- improve sport teaching for children with special educational needs
- deliver holiday and weekend activities
Please read the Sports Funding Impact report for April 2016 below. We will update this with another report at the start of term 3 2017.