At Little Stoke Primary School we believe that regular and punctual attendance at school, are key elements in promoting children’s learning and attainment. Only by regular attendance can children access the quality education that is offered at our school. We believe that regular attendance should be 98% or higher.
We are therefore, committed to the following principles: –
- To encourage all pupils to attend school and achieve their maximum potential.
- To promote good attendance throughout the school, aiming for at least 96.4% for the academic year
- To monitor attendance and use attendance data to work towards agreed targets.
- To work in partnership with parents and carers in promoting excellent attendance and punctuality, as well as the LA and other agencies
Please take a moment to read the attendance guidance procedures and leaflets below;
Little Stoke Primary School employs Education Welfare Services to support the improvement in attendance for all pupils and all groups of pupils.
At Little Stoke we have a diverse range of pupils from many different backgrounds with a range of different views on attendance. We track attendance of many of these different groups and work with families and individuals where attendance has dipped.
Key groups to consider when looking at our attendance figures are the following;
Travellers, Free School Meal Groups, SEN Pupils and EAL pupils. All of these groups have an effect on our overall attendance and absence figures and so should also be considered at group level.
Please note the figures below to look at the overview for some groups and all pupils at the end of last year. The school holds a more detailed analysis that is tracked termly for all groups.
- Our overall attendance at the end of 2016/17 for all pupils was 94.5% with Travellers and 96.4% without Travellers.
- Our overall attendance for Free School Meal pupils was 89% with Travellers and 94.7% without Travellers.
- Our overall PA was 10.6% with Travellers and 4.6% without Travellers.
- Traveller attandance approx 70% – we work closely with the Ethnic Minority Traveller Achievement Service (EMTAS) to keep attendance for traveller pupils as regular as possible.
We requested 9 Penalty Notices during 2016-17 and held over 18 School Attendance Meetings for poor attendance or term time holidays. Our EWO made 7 home visits and conducted 4 full attendance reviews.
The attendance of our pupils (ALL and FSM) continues to remain stable or improve when the Traveller figures are removed.