Staying safe on the internet
Hi – enjoy being on the internet but remember to stay safe! If you are worried about anything online talk to your mum or dad or speak to any of the teachers in school to get some advice or help.
Take look at this website – it is full of information and it will help keep you safe! Click Here
If you need to report something that has happened online to get some help – Click Here
- Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
- Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
- Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
- Never give out your passwords
- Don’t befriend people you don’t know
- Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
- Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
- Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
- Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
- If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
If you are worried about anything that has happened online come and talk to your teacher and we will be able to help.