Meet our Governors
Governors’ Information and Duties
The Governing Body’s core functions are to ensure high standards of achievement for all children by:
- Setting the school’s vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the schools and its pupils
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school, ensuring probity and value for money
The Full Governing Body now meets five times a year, with additional meetings if required.
The list of current governors and terms of reference for the FGB and the Staffing & Curriculum Committee/Finance & Buildings Committee are below. Please scroll further down for other documents.
An agenda is set in advance to ensure we discuss the full range of issues concerning the school and fulfil our statutory duties. The governors monitor specific aspects of the school and its performance, reporting their findings to the full Governing Body. Specific themes covered through the school year include, but are not limited to:
- School curriculum, including provisions for special educational needs
- Staff ethos
- Student ethos
- School Finances
- Premises and buildings, including Health and Safety
In addition to these activities, the governors support the school in disciplinary matters, including complaints, appeals and exclusions.
The Governing Body:-
- Is accountable for the performance of the school to parents and the wider community
- Plans the school’s strategy and future direction
- Appoints the Head teacher and monitors his/her performance
- Makes decisions on the school’s budget and staffing
- Ensures the national curriculum is taught
- Influences how the school encourages students’ spiritual, moral and social development
- Makes sure the school provides for all its students, including those with special needs
The governing body is not responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school; this is the responsibility of the Head teacher;
Further details about the Governors and their roles can be found under the Governor/Community tab.